At Stanfield + O’Dell, we empower our people and clients to achieve greater success. As our success continues, so do the opportunities for our professionals. A career with Stanfield + O’Dell will offer growth and learning opportunities. The firm is small enough for providing you with personal attention, yet large enough to offer you the opportunity to meet your career goals.
We are currently seeking a Tax Manager with recent public accounting experience, including preparation and review of federal and state individual, corporate, partnership, trust and not-for-profit income tax returns, tax planning, and tax research.
S+O is also committed to the growth of our employees through their training and career development. The firm has established a mentoring program for all our team members to provide support in an environment that builds leadership skills and equips individuals to become more effective accountants, leaders, supervisors, business developers and advisors. In addition, S+O offers a team-oriented philosophy and has an excellent work environment that includes flexible schedules, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your contact information, cover letter, and resume below.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of public accounting experience
- CPA license is required
- Prior experience with ProSystem fx Tax a plus
- Must have a broad range of recent experience in public accounting, including preparation and review of income tax returns
- Effective interpersonal relations, with the ability to make a positive first impression in initial meetings and quickly develop rapport with clients and prospects
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be resourceful and inventive in planning, managing and executing assignments
- Develop new clients and expand the scope of consulting services with existing clients
- Proficient in both oral and written communication with the ability to prepare and deliver concise and understandable reports, presentations and research memoranda
- Solid work ethic with the willingness to do what it takes to get the job done