According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners’ 2012 Report to the Nations, the median loss in occupational fraud cases was $140,000 with losses in one-fifth of these cases exceeding $1,000,000. Stanfield + O’Dell can help you protect your organization from these losses due to fraud through its fraud investigation and detection and fraud prevention services.
According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners’ 2012 Report to the Nations:
- In 81% of cases, the fraudster displayed one or more behavioral red flags that are often associated with fraudulent conduct.
- Nearly half of victim organizations do not recover any losses that they suffer due to fraud.
- Occupational fraud is more likely to be detected by a tip than by any other method with approximately 51% of tips originating from employees. Stanfield + O’Dell’s forensic accounting professionals will help to prevent fraud at your organization through the following:
- Employee trust is not an effective internal control. Stanfield + O’Dell will review your existing internal controls and recommend improvements for any deficiencies.
- Our team of professionals can provide training to you and your employees on identifying potential fraudulent behavior.
- Our team will also help you and your organization to establish a reliable method for reporting suspicious behavior or activity.
Fraud Investigation and Detection
You have identified fraud or suspect that fraud is occurring within your organization. How do you proceed? Our forensic accounting professionals provide the following fraud investigation and detection services:
- Calculation of damages
- Advanced fraud detection and financial analytics
- Review of internal control, including identification of deficiencies and recommendations for improvement
- Expert witness testimony and litigation support