We provide you with the information you require; whether developing an estate plan or gift program, filing an estate or gift tax return, creating or updating a buy/sell agreement, contemplating a sale or acquisition or facing a dispute or litigation, our professionals can provide the valuation expertise needed. We value many types of businesses, including corporations, partnerships, and Limited Liability Companies.
Valuation needs include the following:
- Assist with selling your business
- Obtain financing from a lender for the purchase of a business
- Plan for a merger, acquisition or stock offering
- Create a succession plan
- Set up an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Estate and gift tax
- Shareholder and partnership dispute litigation
- Divorce litigation
- Family Limited Partnership (FLP) and LLC valuations
- Mediation and arbitration
- Buy/sell agreements
- Minority interest appraisals
When a valuation is conducted, all relevant approaches are considered, including asset, income, and market approaches. Our professionals follow a comprehensive due diligence process which includes interviews, performing industry research, and examining company specific factors.
We provide the level of service required for each situation, ranging from informal calculations to a comprehensive full valuation report. We will help you determine which level of valuation services is needed.
- Valuation Engagement: This comprehensive option delivers an unambiguous opinion of value after examining all relevant valuation approaches. It results in a Conclusion of Value based on valuation approaches and methods the analyst deems appropriate in the circumstances. The Conclusion of Value may be expressed in a single amount or a range, and in a Detailed Report or a Summary Report.
- Calculations of Value: This less comprehensive engagement is based on valuation approaches and methods and more limited procedures agreed to between the valuation analyst and the client. This service delivers an approximate, though expert, indication of value using mutually agreed upon valuation approaches. It results in a Calculated Value that may be communicated verbally or in writing.