As our success continues, so do the opportunities for our professionals. A career with Stanfield + O’Dell will offer growth and learning opportunities. The firm is small enough for providing you with personal attention, yet large enough to offer you the opportunity to meet your career goals.
We are currently seeking a Tax Senior to assist in maintaining tax compliance standards, including preparation of tax returns for all entity types and research and documentation of various tax issues. The individual will be involved in business development activities such as developing client and referral relationships and community service opportunities. The position will interact closely with associates, managers, and shareholders.
S + O is committed to the growth of our employees through their training and career development. We have established a mentoring program for all our team members to provide support in an environment that builds leadership skills and equips individuals to become more effective accountants, leaders, supervisors, business developers and advisors. In addition, we offer a team-oriented philosophy and an enjoyable working environment. S+O also has an excellent work environment that includes flexible schedules, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
Experience and Qualifications
- Two to four years of recent public accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant or qualified CPA candidate is desired
- Prior experience with ProSystem fx Tax is a plus
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to make a positive first impression in initial meetings and quickly develop rapport with clients and prospects
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, take initiative and be a prime contact in working with clients
- Proficient in both oral and written communication
- The ability to prepare and deliver concise and understandable reports, presentations and research memoranda
- Solid work ethic with the commitment to fulfill assigned responsibilities
- Strong analytical and research skills with attention to accuracy and detail
- Commitment to participate actively in the community and identify and pursue business development opportunities
- Team player with a positive attitude