As our success continues, so do the opportunities for our professionals. A career with Stanfield + O’Dell will offer growth and learning opportunities. The firm is small enough to give you personal attention, yet large enough to offer you the opportunity to meet your career goals.
We are currently seeking a Tax Manager to work with other professionals in the department and the firm’s shareholders on tax related projects, including preparation of high-level income tax returns for key business and high net worth clients; review of federal and state returns for all entity types; research and documentation on various tax issues; and involvement in business development activities such as developing client and referral relationships and community service opportunities. As a manager, you will assist in the development of team members by providing leadership, training, guidance and direction. Candidate should be a CPA with a broad range of recent experience in public accounting, including preparation and review of federal and state individual, corporate, partnership, trust and not-for-profit income tax returns, tax planning, and tax research.
S+O is committed to the growth of our employees through their training and career development. We have established a mentoring program for all our team members to provide support in an environment that builds leadership skills and equips individuals to become more effective accountants, leaders, supervisors, business developers and advisors. We offer a team-oriented philosophy and an enjoyable working environment.
- Preparation of high-level technical income tax returns for key clients, including businesses and high net worth individuals.
- Review of federal and state corporate, individual, partnership, trust, and not-for-profit income tax returns, business property renditions, franchise tax returns, and estate tax returns.
- Maintain proficiency in the use of online research, tax planning and compliance procedures.
- Research various tax issues as needed and prepare research documentation.
- Develop client relationships.
- Assist with training and developing tax team and identify technical training and development needs.
- Participate actively in the community and identify and pursue business development opportunities.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of public accounting experience.
- CPA license is required.
- Prior experience with ProSystem fx Tax a plus.
- Must have a broad range of recent experience in public accounting, including preparation and review of income tax returns.
- Effective interpersonal relations, with the ability to make a positive first impression in initial meetings and quickly develop rapport with clients and prospects.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be resourceful and inventive in planning, managing and executing assignments.
- Develop new clients and expand the scope of consulting services with existing clients.
- Proficient in both oral and written communication with the ability to prepare and deliver concise and understandable reports, presentations and research memoranda.
- Solid work ethic with the willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.